The Leading SAFe 2-Day Workshop: Sept 12-13 in HARTFORD CT
Take Your Strengths In Agile Software Development to the Next Level!
Develop your strengths in Agile software development by attending this Leading SAFe workshop. During this workshop you will become a certified SAFe® 4.0 Agilist.
More importantly, in this workshop you will learn why the key aspects of the Scaled Agile Framework might make it a very good fit for your organization if it struggling to scale Agile beyond the team level. This is the class where you can get questions answered, and FIND OUT.
After this course you will be able to:
- Explain the principles behind SAFe® – Lean, Agile, and Product Development Flow.
- Explain and evangelize the use of SAFe® in appropriate contexts.
- Explain the SAFe® Big Picture to others
- Explain the key aspects of the latest SAFe® version- Agile Release Trains, Program Increments (PIs), Release Train Engineers (RTEs), Agile Architecture, Epics/Features/Stories, ScrumXP Teams, Scaling Leadership, and more.
- Map the roles and structures required to scale Agile to the program level to real world organizations
- Execute coordinated releases across a program
- Measure the impact and progress of scaled Agile in a program
- Describe how a program interacts with Program Portfolio Management (PPM)
- Experts in implementing Lean, Agile and Scrum ideas.
- An experienced advisor to C-level executives on effective Agile change.
- An experienced Agile Coach and management advisor
- If you REALLY want to successfully adopt Agile ideas in your company, you want New Technology Solutions.
Here is the Detailed Leading SAFe Class Agenda:
- Introducing the Scaled Agile Framework
- Embracing Lean and Agile Values
- Understanding SAFe Principles
- Implementing the Agile Release Train
- Experiencing PI Planning
- Executing and Releasing Value
- Building an Agile Portfolio
- Coordinating Large Value Streams
- Leading the Lean-Agile Enterprise
Participants of this course will be eligible to apply for 14 PDU’s toward their continuing education requirements with the PMI (Project Management Institute). See the details listed below at FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS section….
This Is the UPDATED, Most Current Class
Get the latest version of the Leading SAFe class by attending this workshop:
This is the up-to-date course, where you will learn about the new SAFe 4.0 improvements:
- 4-level vs 3-level Big Picture and when to use which.
- The new Value Stream level with Solution, Solution Context, Solution Intent, Customer as well as more guidance for cross-ART collaboration.
- How to support both Software and Systems Development.
- Kanban at all levels.
- Updates to the Requirements Model – Capabilities, Enablers.
- The Foundations Layer.
- The Configurable Spanning Palette.
Meet Your Instructor: Daniel Mezick
This course is taught by an experienced and knowledgeable instructor:
Daniel Mezick of New Technology Solutions Inc
Daniel Mezick: SAFe 4.0 Program Consultant (SPC4)
Daniel is an author, enterprise Agile coach, and keynote speaker. He’s coached Agile primarily in the USA since 2006. He is the primary author of the OPEN SPACE AGILITY HANDBOOK and the formulator of OpenSpace Agility, a technique for bringing rapid and lasting culture change to any organization. He pioneered the idea of culture as a game and the author of pioneering book The Culture Game which is based on five years of experience coaching 119 Agile teams across 25 different organizations. Coaching organizations in culture change since 2007, Daniel’s client list includes Capital One, INTUIT, CIGNA, SIEMENS Healthcare, Pitney Bowes, Harvard University, and many smaller enterprises. Learn more and contact Daniel at www.DanielMezick.com.
Frequently Asked Questions About this Workshop
How do I get certified as a SAFe 4.0 Agilist?
- First, you do really need to have 5+ years of experience in software development, testing, business analysis, product or project management
- Then, attend the 2-day Leading SAFe course and pass the SA exam. The test is open-book however you can expect some tough questions.
- (Certification Fees to take the exam one time are included)
Wait. How do I get get those 14 PDUs from the PMI?
- First, go to this link: http://newtechusa.net/services/claiming-pmi-pdu-credits/
- Then, follow those simple instructions
- Then get your PDUs
Daniel Mezick is active in developing Agile ideas at the national level.
Contact us about expert Coaching delivered in CT, MA, RI, NY City and the greater New England area.
Read more about our essential Agile and Scrum Training offering. Email or phone us with your detailed questions and to explore Lean, Kanban, Scrum coaching, Agile coaching, Agile training and Scrum project management with us.