Richard set a record when he facilitated a six-week-long Open Space with his software development team. This is unique: they are the only people in the world to have held Open Space for such a long time. They pushed the limits of Open Space Technology, discovering both what it’s great at and its limitations. Richard will share the highlights of what they learned: what worked, what didn’t work, and the surprising results.
At this session you will learn:
- Open Space Technology: what it is, how to facilitate it
- The importance of a real problem for a great Open Space, and how Open Space is exactly the right tool for organizing a group of people to solve it
- How to prepare for Open Space
- A radical use of Open Space: use it to manage your team for extended periods of time
- How to facilitate Open Space well
- As a facilitator, which seductive shortcuts should you avoid?
- Unexpected positive and negative outcomes
About The Presenter:
Richard Kasperowski is an Agile coach-manager. He leads the software dev team for one of the world’s largest social identity systems, coaches Agile software teams around the world, and is the founder of Nokia’s Boston-area Agile community. He contributes to the larger Agile and Scrum community in the United States and elsewhere. Read more about Richard at http://kasperowski.com and follow him at @rkasper.
Pondview Corporate Center
74 Batterson Park Rd., #100
Farmington, CT 06032
Need driving directions? Click here for directions
Tuesday evening, March 05 2013 from 6:30PM to 8:30PM
6:30 pm Introduction
7:00 pm Food, beverages, and socializing
7:20 pm Main event
8:20 pm Done
8:30 pm Done Done
MICROSOFT OFFICE in FARMINGTON CT
74 Batterson Park Rd, Farmington CT 06032 (Directions)
NOTE: The event room is located on the 1st floor. Enter the building. Take the hallway then go left. The door to the event room is on your right.