Richard set a record when he facilitated a six-week-long Open Space with his software development team. This is unique: they are the only people in the world to have held Open Space for such a long time. They pushed the limits of Open Space Technology, discovering both what it’s great at and its limitations. Richard will share the highlights of what they learned: what worked, what didn’t work, and the surprising results.
At this session you will learn:
- Open Space Technology: what it is, how to facilitate it
- The importance of a real problem for a great Open Space, and how Open Space is exactly the right tool for organizing a group of people to solve it
- How to prepare for Open Space
- A radical use of Open Space: use it to manage your team for extended periods of time
- How to facilitate Open Space well
- As a facilitator, which seductive shortcuts should you avoid?
- Unexpected positive and negative outcomes
About The Presenter:
Richard Kasperowski is an Agile coach-manager. He leads the software dev team for one of the world’s largest social identity systems, coaches Agile software teams around the world, and is the founder of Nokia’s Boston-area Agile community. He contributes to the larger Agile and Scrum community in the United States and elsewhere. Read more about Richard at http://kasperowski.com and follow him at @rkasper.
Pondview Corporate Center
74 Batterson Park Rd., #100
Farmington, CT 06032
Need driving directions? Click here for directions
Tuesday evening, March 05 2013 from 6:30PM to 8:30PM
6:30 pm Introduction
7:00 pm Food, beverages, and socializing
7:20 pm Main event
8:20 pm Done
8:30 pm Done Done
MICROSOFT OFFICE in FARMINGTON CT
74 Batterson Park Rd, Farmington CT 06032 (Directions)
NOTE: The event room is located on the 1st floor. Enter the building. Take the hallway then go left. The door to the event room is on your right.
There is no related post.